Type “about:config” in address bar
Agree to proceed upon warning message is displayed
Search for “browser.zoom.siteSpecific”
Change the value to “False”
Target issue: popup thumbnail previews of current windows that are displayed over bottom of the screen.
NOTE: a hack to disable the feature is currently unavailable and this hack creates a delay for appearance of popup thumbnails from when mouse cursor is placed on a taskbar button.
- Run Registry Editor, regedit
- Navigate to “HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced” from directory tree on the left
- Create DWORD (32bit) key named “ExtendedUIHoverTime” inside the “Advanced” directory
- Change the key’s value to 30000.
Above procedure changes period of delay (in milliseconds) before Thumbnail popup is displayed to 30 seconds.
As of 2017-M9
Windows version 6.x includes “Vista, 7, and 8.x”; but Windows 8 series are excluded as they are more similar to Windows 10 than Windows Vista/7.
Service Packs: TBA
- Multilingual User Interface (MUI)
- Language Interface Pack (LIP)
- MUI can be installed without LIP, but LIP can only be installed after MUI.
- MUI may not be complete and combination of MUI and LIP provides more complete translation of OS.
- Microsoft: Windows 6.x required additional licenses to install language packs for many (but not all) languages.
- Vistalizer: Windows Vista & Windows 7 Language Pack resources extracted from Microsoft website.
Windows system files containing icons